There is currently no introduction for this procedure.
II. Procedure Statement
A graduate certificate normally consists of a coherent 12-15 hour program proposed by an academic unit and approved by the Graduate Council. To initiate a new graduate certificate, the academic unit or units making the proposal should discuss the idea with the appropriate College Dean or Deans. If the proposal is endorsed by the College, the unit should complete the New Program (for Certificates) form in Curriculog as established by the Graduate Council.
- Curriculog – A web-based academic software program and course approval system for creating, modifying, and accessing degree programs, individual courses, and catalog information.
- Graduate Certificate – A stand-alone credential that typically consists of 12-15 credit hours of graduate coursework in a focused area of study.
IV. Procedure Contact(s)
- Authority: Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- Responsible Office: Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- Additional Contact(s): Graduate School
- 06/25/18: Revised [Updated to include new Curriculog process]
VI. Related Policies, Procedures, and Resources
VII. Frequently Asked Questions
There are currently no FAQs for this procedure.