There is no introduction for this policy and procedure.
II. Policy and Procedure Statement
The Office of the Registrar is responsible for maintaining the official academic records for all students. Upon request by a student through Banner Self-Service, an official transcript of the academic record will be issued to the person or institution designated, provided that all the student's obligations to the University have been settled satisfactorily. For active students, transcripts can be ordered by logging in to my.uncc.edu and selecting Banner Self Service. For former students who have been away for more than 12 months, transcripts can be ordered through the University’s transcript provider, Credential Solutions. A one-time authentication will be required for inactive students.
- Academic record – Official transcript.
- My UNC Charlotte – One-stop shopping for student services via the Web. It combines various systems, user interfaces, and technical solutions already available to the UNC Charlotte community in a single, consistent web-based interface. Students should use My UNC Charlotte at my.uncc.edu to access web-enabled student services, course information, e-mail, and calendar scheduling.
- Transcript – A list of all the courses a student has transferred in or taken at UNC Charlotte with the grades that the student earned in each course at UNC Charlotte. A transcript is an exact and complete record of a student’s academic history. The University requires a high school transcript when a student applies for admission.
IV. Policy Contact(s)
- Authority: Faculty Council
- Responsible Office: Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- Additional Contact(s): Office of the Registrar
- March 26, 2015: Revised
- February 2018: Revised [Electronic transcripts with same day delivery now available]
- July 7, 2020: Revised [new instructions and transcription service]
VI. Related Policies, Procedures, and Resources
VII. Frequently Asked Questions
Which students are covered under this policy?
This policy applies to all undergraduate and graduate students at UNC Charlotte.