Each year, a member of the senior faculty of the University is invited to serve as a part-time member of the staff of the Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. His/her responsibilities encompass the full range of activities of that office, and he/she meets such duties as are asked by the Provost or the Chancellor.
Dr. Joel Avrin
Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Provost's Faculty Fellow Term: 08/15/15-12/31/16
As a faculty fellow, Dr. Avrin will work to strengthen and consolidate interdisciplinary connections to mathematics and statistics. As particularly related to the Big Data initiative and Project Mosaic, main goals would include enhancing relevant resource capability and research collaboration with an expanding network of participating departments, as well as expanding and developing effective curricular training in these areas.
Dr. Heather Perry
Associate Professor, Department of History
Provost's Faculty Fellow Term: 01/01/16-12/31/16
Dr. Perry's project is to plan and develop an interdisciplinary, intercollegiate program in Science, Technology, and Society (STS). STS programs are key units at most research universities where students and scholars in the Liberal Arts and Sciences work together with scholars in the STEM disciplines to investigate the role of science, medicine, and technology in human affairs. This typically includes research and coursework that examines not only the cultural and social forces which shape scientific research, medical development and technical innovation, but which simultaneously analyzes how these products in turn have shaped history, politics, culture, and society. In doing so, STS programs can help to bridge the divide between STEM and the Humanities and better prepare students for success in the modern world. Her plan is to create and build a program at UNC Charlotte which focuses on three main STS streams: History and Sociology of Science; Medical Humanities; and Science Communication.
- Dr. Jose Gamez, Architecture (08/15/15-08/14/16)
- Dr. Dennis R. Livesay, Bioinformatics and Genomics (08/15/15-02/15/16)
- Dr. Michele Bissiere, Languages and Culture Studies (01/2/15-12/31/15)
- Dr. Shawn Long, Communication Studies (07/15/14-07/14/15)
- Dr. Steve Rogelberg, Psychology (01/02/13-05/14/14)
- Dr. Susan Sell, Bioinformatics and Genomics (08/01/12-07/31/13)
- Dr. Ann B. Gonzalez, Languages and Culture Studies (08/01/10-07/31/11)
- Dr. Art Blume, Psychology (01/01/09-12/31/09)
- Dr. Kelly Zellars, Management (01/01/09-12/31/09)
- Dr. Jeffrey Leak, English (01/01/07-12/31/07)
- Dr. Cheryl Brown, Political Science (01/01/06-12/31/06)
- Dr. Ann Newman, Family and Community Nursing (01/01/06-12/31/06)
- Dr. Teresa Dahlberg, Computer Science (01/01/05-12/31/05)
- Dr. Murray A. Webster, Sociology and Anthropology (01/01/05-12/31/05)