The following steps should be followed be to add online, site-based, or off-campus delivery to an existing degree program. If the program does not yet exist in the UNC Charlotte academic inventory, please follow the campus procedures for new degree programs.
If the program exists in the UNC Charlotte academic inventory, and you wish to offer the program 50% or more online, off-campus, or hybrid, please follow these steps:
- Department(s) proposes program to appropriate Dean(s).
- Department(s) requests consultation with Distance Education.
- Department(s) prepares Request to Deliver and submits via Curriculog.
- Office of Academic Affairs reviews and submits Request to Deliver to UNC General Administration.
- After four weeks, General Administration will give approval to plan or ask for additional information.
- Once the Request to Deliver is approved, it is posted for system-wide review and comment for 30 days.
- After 30 days:
a. If no comments are received, General Administration responds that proposal is complete and grants approval.
b. If comments are received, General Administration requests additional information and campus replies within four weeks.
- Office of Academic Affairs or Distance Education consults with relevant campus offices, including but not limited to: Office of the Registrar, Institutional Research, and the Office of Accreditation and Assessment. Off-campus sites must be approved by SASCOC before the start of a new program.