If the finalist is currently employed at another campus within the University of North Carolina system, the following procedure must be followed:
- The Provost at UNC Charlotte must notify the Provost from the other campus when the selection is made.
- The current campus of the employee may request the terms of the offer within 5 days to make an equivalent offer.
- No offers of an academic appointment can be made within 90 days of the start of a semester unless mutually agreed upon by authorized campus officials.
- Upon hiring an employee from another campus, any transfer of a contract or grant or equipment can only be accomplished with the approval of both Chancellors.
- The full text of the University of North Carolina Policy #300.2.7 can be viewed on here.